I NEED YOUR HELP!
I have joined with Booksparks this year during their annual SPEAK OUT campaign. This year this focus is on putting an end to school violence and I need you to join with me too!
Below is all the information (it’s also found on their website) of what you can do and what the SPEAK OUT campaign is all about.
As a book community, we need to come together to use our words, our blogs and our social presence to Speak Out against issues that are important to us. This year, we’re speaking out against school violence and we need your help on October 8th!
We are proud to be launching our campaign in conjunction with Steena Holmes’ moving new novel, Stillwater Rising and poignant prequel novella, Before the Storm. The novel depicts a tight-knit community shattered by an elementary school shooting and their tragic yet empowering healing process from the irrevocable tragedy, while the prequel novella details the events and day of the school shooting.
October 8th is SAVE Day (Stop America’s Violence Everywhere) and in order to help end school violence and build up the communities who have suffered at the hands of such tragedies, ALL proceeds from Before the Storm purchases made on October 8th will go directly to various charities to help end school violence.
In honor of SAVE Day and the BookSparks Speaks Out Campaign, we hope you’ll join us on October 8th to give back and speak out for those who have been affected by school violence.
HERE ARE 5 WAYS YOU CAN SPEAK OUT:
- Buy it: All proceeds from Before the Storm purchases made on October 8th will go directly to a number of charities to end school violence. Buy the novella and help end school violence HERE.
- Blog it: Create a dedicated blog post to spread the word about the campaign. Use the Speak Out badge in your blog post and include it in your sidebar. We understand you have other obligations/plans for your blog that day; however, whatever you can do to stand up for the victims of school violence would be much appreciated.
- Facebook it: Share the info from Steena’s Facebook pages (SSS Facebook page, Author Steena Holmes), this campaign (http://bit.ly/1rN5a1j) #SpeakOut, #SAVEDay, and your words against school violence via Facebook and tag us (BookSparks) so we can share too!
- Tweet it: Speak out with @BookSparks, book lovers and @SteenaHolmes about ending school violence! #SpeakOut #SAVEDay
- Rate it: Head over to Goodreads and rate Steena Holmes’ Stillwater Rising and Before the Storm. The moving novella and empowering novel is a story of loss, community and healing that is unlike any other.