- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup find dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 Lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 finely chopped peanuts
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled then cut into bite-size chunks, or 20oz can pineapple chunks (juice pack), drained
- 1 1/4 Cups Sweet and Sour Sauce of your choice
- In mixing bowl combine the egg, bread crumbs, cilantro/parsley, garlic, salt, and the red pepper. Add this mixture to the beef and mix in the peanuts. Be sure to combine well.
- Shape into 36 meatballs. Place in a 15x10x1-inch shallow baking dish/pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for approximately 20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle. Remove from the oven and drain off any grease.
- Thread a pineapple chunk and a meatball onto a wooden toothpick, for all meatballs. Place all meatball and pineapple back into the shallow baking dish. Brush with the Sweet and Sour sauce (leave some for the end). Return dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, or until heated through again.
- In a saucepan on the stove, heat the remaining sauce until bubbly. Brush the meatballs and fruit with this warmed sauce before serving.
- NOTE: You can make these ahead of time! Once you remove the meatballs from the oven, before the fruit is added, simply cool the meatballs completely, then cover and chill them for up to 2 days. When ready, assembly the skewers as direct and bake for 10 minutes or until hot.