The entire month of January is SOUP MONTH!
10-Minute White Bean Soup
Author: adapted from The Food Network
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, about 6 inches long each
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Two 15-ounce cans of cannellini or other white beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 small shallot, peeled, trimmed and halved
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Position a rack approximately 4 inches from the broiler source, and preheat. Bring wine, rosemary, thyme and 2 cups of the chicken broth to a boil in a covered medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce to a bare simmer.
- Puree the beans, shallots, garlic, oil, butter, remaining ½ cup chicken broth, ½ teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper and ½ cup of the simmering broth in a blender until completely smooth and emulsified, approximately 2 minutes. Please use caution when emulsifying! Be sure to allow the HOT liquid a little bit of cool time (approximately 5 minutes) before emulsifying.
- Remove the herb sprigs from the simmering broth and set them aside. Whisk the bean puree into the broth, and return it to a gentle boil. Pour the soup into bowls, and garnish with the reserved herb sprigs and/or a few grinds of black pepper. Serve with your choice of side!
It seems that across the maps, we are all a little COLD! Hopefully, some soup recipe’s during this month will help to warm you up.