This classic potato salad recipe was submitted to us by reader Patricia Viviano! This salad is versatile and can accommodate a number of additions; red potatoes, purple potatoes, chopped asparagus, beans…the possibilities are endless. Thanks Patricia!
Classic Potato Salad
- 8 to 12 potatoes
- Large onion-chopped
- Salt-to taste
- Pepper-to taste
- 4 hard boiled eggs-peeled & sliced
- Mayonnaise to desired coating
- Peel & cut potatoes into quarters.
- Put a large pot of water on stove & add 2 tablespoons of salt to it. Put cut up potatoes into pot & let come to boil. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are still slightly hard.
- Drain & rinse in cold water & put into large bowl.
- Add chopped onions, eggs, salt & pepper, and mayo. Mix well. Chill for a couple hours and then serve when ready.