Caramel Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
Author: adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (13.4 ounces each) dulce de leche
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Let the ends of the parchment paper extend over sides of the pan by 1 inch.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry mixture into creamed mixture. Once mixed, spread onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Carefully sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Gently spread the dulce de leche over the crust. In a small saucepan, combine the white baking chocolate, cream and corn syrup and stir over low heat until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly, then spread over dulce de leche. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over entire pan. Refrigerate, covered, for a minimum 1 hour.
- Lift bars out with parchment paper, removing from the pan. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.