Set a plate of homemade pecan butter tarts in front of me and I can promise you they’ll be gone in no time. Add a cup of coffee and we’ll have the best of conversations where there will be a smile on my face and I’ll be licking my fingers from the amazing syrup taste.
I’ve tried many different recipes. Some are runny – so gooey that as soon as you bite into the tart the syrup drips over your lips. Some are hard so that the sugar crystallizes but the best (in my opinion) are the ones that are solid but soft…seriously, I want some now!
Did you know that butter tarts are considered a Canadian favorite? If you go to any bake sale, summer fair or bakery you’ll find these delicious treats available. Whether you like them plain, with raisins (yuck) or with pecans….I dare you not to fall in love with them!
hmmmm….I love me some butter tarts!
- Package of 18 mini tart shells (or make your own with your favourite recipe)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped or whole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, egg and pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Fill each tart shell with nut filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 3 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack. Cool completely.