Super Soft Lemon Cookies
Serves: 6 dozen
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, being sure to beat well after each addition.
- Mix the flour and baking soda, and add to the creamed mixture; alternate 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate. Beat well after each addition.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoon-fuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for approximately 8 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool.
- Brush with 1/2 cup of the lemonade concentrate and sprinkle with sugar.
I would love to try these lemon cookies but ‘down under’ I have never come across lemonade concentrate – suggestions for an alternate? How much freshly squeezed lemon or lemon juice?
Hi Brenda! I have heard of some people substituting with cordial, or you could try lemon powder/Kool-Aid mix. Additionally, I also some just made a large batch of fresh lemon juice with lots of sugar. I hope this helps! (**credits to Google search**)