I think we can all agree that I love cookies. And cakes and cupcakes and pies and…well, I like a lot of baked goods. But I’m almost always craving homemade cookies and I’m always on the search for the best melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
Throughout the years (because I’m so old…not) I’ve made a lot of cookies. Tried a lot of different recipes that called for butter, margarine, lard, apple sauce…you name it, I’ve tried it. Well…unless it called for beans – I can’t make myself try those yet.
My favorite cookies are made with butter. When you combine butter with chocolate chips that melt in your mouth at that first bite, when the cookie is soft and tender…can we say yum?
Seriously. Let’s say it together. Y-U-U-U-M!
Today, over at the Love in the Chocolate Shop page on Facebook (where I write a series with 6 other authors and the books are centered around…you guessed it…love and a chocolate shop) someone asked if I had a recipe for Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut cookies.
DO I HAVE A RECIPE! That’s like asking me if I have any chocolate in the house….
I found this recipe online last year…I can’t remember where (bad me, I should have made note) but I’ve changed a few things according to my own tastes. Try it and let me know what you think…
Now, I’ll admit, once upon a time, I wasn’t a big fan of macadamia nuts. As in, no, I would not like to try those things, thank-you-very-much. BUT, after a trip to Hawaii…I’ve become quite the fan. So much so we bought a lot of nuts and brought them home and continue to treat ourselves every so often to the treat.
The secret to these cookies isn’t just adding the nuts with the chocolate chips. But add a little bit extra vanilla and a little bit of oats. They should be crisp but chewy with melted morsels of chocolate with each bite! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamias
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line trays with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and sugars, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl. You can use a mixer, spoon, your fingers…doesn’t really matter.
- Add in the eggs (one at a time) until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda and stir gently.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, macadamias and oats.
- Use a tablespoon to drop balls of dough on the prepared trays, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges.
- Enjoy while warm. Enjoy while cool.
- Basically, just enjoy!
- Happy baking!