This week we are featuring our reader-submitted recipe, “Slow Cooker Picante Chicken” given to us by reader Penny Gajan! We hope you give this unique recipe a whirl, and if you do please post about it 🙂
Slow Cooker Picante Chicken
- Package of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz jar of picante sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- squirt of yellow mustard
- one green pepper sliced into rings
- Put chicken into slow cooker and place sliced green pepper rings on top.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour on top. Cook for 4-5 hours on Low.
- I normally do 3-4 chicken breasts and I use the Reynolds slow cooker liners for easy clean up.
- I serve this with Spanish rice and refried beans and low fat sour cream