Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
- 1½ cups warm milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 rounded teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix milk, water, sugar, salt and butter.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Combine four cups flour and instant yeast and mix well and add to wet mixture.
- Continue to add flour until dough is soft but not sticky.
- Place dough in a large, greased, mixing bowl. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle ½ inch thick.
- Moisten the dough with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and sprinkle on top of the moistened dough.
- Sprinkle raisins evenly over entire surface. This is optional.
- Roll up tightly. The roll should be approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Cut roll into thirds.
- Form the loaves and place seam-side down into well greased 9 x 5 inch pans.
- Allow loaves to rise again for about 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes, or until lightly browned and sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove bread from pans, and brush with melted butter or margarine.
- Let cool before slicing.
Thank you to Nicole Laboucane Sauder for submitting your family-favorite, Cinnamon Swirl Loaf, adapted from Mennonite Girls Can Cook!