Mom’s Pineapple Dessert is compliments of reader Patti Strez!
“My Mom passed away a few years ago and every time I make this, it reminds me of her. This recipe is from the 1950s, and when I was a teenager she showed me step-by-step how to make this. This recipe is requested often by my husband, step-daughter, and sister. I just finished reading The Memory Child and it was fantastic!!! Right now I am reading The Fixer by Joseph Finder. Waiting for Finding Emma to arrive.”
Thank you for sharing it with us, Patti!
“Mom’s Pineapple Dessert” Reader Recipe
- Cookie Crust:
- 3/4 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 x 20 oz cans Crushed Pineapple in Syrup (drain and reserve the syrup)
- 2 Cup Liquid (syrup and water if needed)
- 6 Beaten Egg Yolks
- For the Cookie Crust:
- Mix all ingredients with a fork. Press into a glass 9″x13″ dish (just on the bottom). Baking at 375F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the Filling:
- Mix all the ingredients in a 3 quart pan. Cook over medium heat until thickened; stirring often. Be careful that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and add in 6 Tbsp Butter and 2 tsp Vanilla extract.
- Cool mixture to room temperature and pour over cooled cookie crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top with Cool Whip (or whipped cream) and sprinkle ground walnuts over all/
- TIP: To make a 9″ pie, cut recipe in half and place filling in a baked pie crust.