I’m a little giddy about this announcement, I’m not going to lie. I feel like I’ve been waiting F.O.R.E.V.E.R to share this book with you but now that the cover is up, I’m giddy with excitement!
You know those books that just hit your core? They leave an impression, they twist your heart and they will NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE?
That’s what this book is to me. All in a good way.
The Forgotten Ones is a story that poured out of me. Every character in this book felt real to me and I’m going to be honest, there’s a lot of me in each of these characters. I added a lot of personal elements…let me share…
- One of the main characters is named after both my grandfathers…David (my maternal grandfather) and Basil (my paternal grandfather)
- David’s last name: Walker is named after the famous Walker House in Southampton, Ontario where both my mother’s parents (and a few of her siblings I think) worked.
- The story is set in Kincardine – my home town. With Station Beach and a small ice cream stand and a historical lighthouse.
- The hospital where David is dying and where Elle works is where my mom used to work (and I was a candy stripper).
- Bervie is a real town – where I grew up – a tiny little hamlet. David’s house is fashioned after my childhood home (but it’s situated closer to Kincardine that it is in real life…author license and all that…)
- Other than David Basil Walker – all the characters were named by my readers (THANK YOU!)
- I posted a video on Instagram where I was sobbing writing a very important scene.
I really hope you all love this book! It’s a little different than my last few, but not so different that you’ll be tempted to throw it across the room 🙂
Want to know more about the book? Here’s the link to Amazon – I hope you’ll preorder!
Can’t wait for this to be available. Something about the bookcover just makes me want to read it.
Can’t wait to read this,Steena! I love all the symbolism and things so close to your heart. I left you a note on FB messenger; be sure to read it ?
How amazing to be able to tell a story so close to your heart!
I am looking forward to reading it and knowing these places you commented of.
Ooh this sneak peek sounds wonderful ♥
I am so looking forward to reading this book. Is it out now? I love that you included your two grandfathers in this story.