Flourless Morning Glory Muffins
Author: Adapted from Running With Spoons
- ¼ Cup creamy almond butter (or nut butter of choice - SOY works too)
- 1 Large ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ¼ Cup honey
- ½ Cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 Cup carrots (about 2 large), peeled and grated
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- ⅓ Cup raisins
- ⅓ Cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prep a muffin pan by sprayingwith cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the carrots, apple, raisins, and walnuts (if using) to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. If you don't have a high speed blender, you can mix all ingredients by hand. Simply grind the oats into a flour and mash the bananas before combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Be sure to mix well. Fold in the carrots, apples, raisins, and walnuts. Mix by hand.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tin. Fill each cavity about ¾ full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are set and/or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to one week.