100 Calorie Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cups
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, warmed
- 1 mini muffin tin
- Step 1: Melt chocolate in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Watch closely and stir occasionally to ensure it melts smoothly and doesn’t burn. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Evenly distribute the chocolate into each of the cups, spooning it mostly to one side.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter and the melted coconut oil until combined. This will help thin the peanut butter out, making it easier to mix with the chocolate. (This recipe can also work great with sunbutter, but almond butter proved to be a bit too thin). Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the opposite side of the cups.
- Step 3: Using a toothpick, swirl the chocolate and peanut butter together. There’s no right or wrong way to do this—have fun with it!
- Step 4: Place the muffin tin in the freezer and allow to set for at least 30 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cups to pop them out of the tin easily. Serve immediately—the peanut butter will begin to soften quickly (but in my opinion, that makes for an even more scrumptious result).