While on vacation, I came across this delicious treat…or snack 😉 I hope you’ll enjoy these sweet muffins as much as I do.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon mixture into greased (or paper-lined) muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
- For the topping:
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the top of the warm muffin in butter and dip top of muffin into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.