- 7-8 Cups of popped popcorn
- 3/4 Cup of packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp corn syrup, light-coloured
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Remove all unpopped kernels from the popped popcorn. Place the popcorn into a large baking or roast pan (approximately 17x12x2 inches).
- In medium saucepan combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn, until the mixture boils. Continue to allow mixture to boil at a moderate or steady pace without stirring for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Add in the baking soda and the vanilla. Pour mixture over popcorn, stirring gently to coat. Bake in a 300F oven for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven and mix once more before returning to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Spread your caramel corn on a large piece of buttered foil to cool. Store caramel corn in a tightly covered container. Makes approximately 7 to 8 cups (7 servings).