Interested in indie publishing but don’t know where to turn? Having self published (so far) eight out of my ten ebooks, I might be able to help.
- Write the best book you can. Don’t be afraid to revise.
- Get your book edited by a professional editor. And yes, you might need to do this more than once.
- Get a professionally designed cover.
- Format your book. You can do it. Or, hire someone to do it for you.
- Load it onto KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing), Smashwords, B&N, iTunes, etc.
- Learn to promote. Be on Goodreads, blog posts, etc.
- Start to write another book.
There are so many resources available that there is NO reason why you can’t self publish your own story. But educate yourself. Know when your book is ready to be released. Not everyone’s first book will do like mine and win a publishing contract. Sometimes it will take three to four novels before you are finally ready. And that’s okay!
One of my favourite resources for indie publishing is The Author’s Red Room. While I might be biased as I am their Virtual Designer, there is an excellent editing team as well as OTHER indie service providers to help you! Check it out!