I stumbled across this little beauty today on Facebook and now it’s all I can think about. Who doesn’t love ice cream? My kids are always asking for me to buy it and whenever we’re out and I see a sign for homemade ice cream, I have no choice but to try it…please tell me I’m not alone in this!
In Europe, I fell in love with Italian gelato…and when I came home, I had some store bought ice cream and was immediately disappointed. Once you have the best, it’s hard to go back…I miss that creamy, smooth and fresh taste…sigh. Now I need some. ASAP.
- 1 can of condensed milk - chilled
- 1 small container of whipping cream
- vanilla to taste
- Added ingredients if you want more than just vanilla ice cream:
- -crushed cookies
- -fruit puree
- -hot fudge sauce / caramel sauce
- -fresh fruit chunks
- -peanut butter and chunks of chocolate or brownie...
- With a blender, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla (or vanilla bean) to taste.
- Beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Hand mix extra ingredients to how you like them and then place in containers.
- Free up to 6 hrs or overnight so ice cream is a solid.
I’m headed to the store today and you can guarantee I’ll be buying some condensed milk, whipping cream and lots of mixings to go! I’ve even told my girls that they can make this themselves…how perfect for an afternoon snack during the summer?
The awesome thing about this…you can even do dairy free based on coconut milk…..hello! If I’m not careful, I’ll be spending the morning checking out Gemma Stafford’s Bigger Bolder Baking page and recipes and not write…
In case you can’t check out the link in the recipe, here’s the video on how to make it – so easy![youtube_video] https://youtu.be/ypbPnyJeQ3A [/youtube_video]