Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peas and carrots, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices soft white bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread cooked egg noodles in a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute cubed chicken meat with onion for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add the soup, milk, peas and carrots and stir together. Season with salt and pepper, paprika and chili powder to taste. Stir until just bubbly and remove from heat.
- Stir chicken mixture into noodles in baking dish until well combined; top with cheese slices, then bread cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until bread is toasted; serve hot.