Thank you to reader, Tina Myers for submitting her favorite Banana Nut Muffins Recipe on the SSS Facebook page this week!!!
Banana Nut Muffins - Tina Myers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly butter 2 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together like you mean it, for a good 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway. Give them a rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out.
- Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out. Serve warm or at room temperature