This recipe was submitted by reader Shawna Griffith (adapted from Baked from a Box blog). This fun, and easy, recipe is delicious and a definite crowd-pleaser!
Cake Batter Fudge (reader recipe)
Author: Shawna Griffith (adapted from Baked from a Box blog)
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter or margarine, cut into small squares
- ¼ cup milk or ⅛ cup soy milk
- sprinkles (optional)
- Mix cake mix and icing sugar in microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and milk. Don’t stir.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir immediately until completely combined. Add sprinkles. Do not over-mix as sprinkle colour may bleed.
- Spread into greased pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- * Makes one 6 x 6” container, or double for an 8 x 8” pan.
- ** Notes: If the batter comes out too runny, stir in about 1 tsp or sugar or cake mix at a time until stiff. If too thick to stir in all components, slowly add ½ tsp of milk at a time, but batter should be thick!
- Dairy-Free version:
- Oh, and did I mention that you could do this WITHOUT DAIRY?
- This time use margarine and soy milk. Half the soy milk (1/4 cup margarine, ⅛ cup soy milk).